Saturday 6 September 2008

Rapper T.I. holds Rihanna, Pink off US No.1

Rapper T.I. has fended off strong competition from Rihanna and Pink to remain atop the US singles chart.

His track 'Whatever You Like' notches up a second gear week at No.1, forcing Rihanna's 'Disturbia' to settle for second gear position.

Meanwhile, Pink scores her best placing on the Billboard Hot 100 in seven years, climbing from nine to three with 'So What'.

Elsewhere, Leona Lewis's 'Better In Time' continues to make head on the chart, climbing six places to 22 this week.

The top ten-spot singles in full (click where possible for our reviews):

1. (1) T.I: 'Whatever You Like'
2. (2) Rihanna: 'Disturbia'
3. (9) Pink: 'So What'
4. (3) Chris Brown: 'Forever'
5. (6) M.I.A: 'Paper Planes'
6. (5) Kardinal Offishall ft. Akon: 'Dangerous'
7. (7) Coldplay: 'Viva La Vida'
8. (8) Ne-Yo: 'Closer'
9. (24) Jason Mraz: 'I'm Yours'
10. (4) Katy Perry: 'I Kissed A Girl'



More info